Cancer claims & Compensation
If you think you have a claim for late diagnosis, or poor treatment, of cancer, then you can access general information here, as well as links to pages on different types of cancer. Cancer claims are not uncommon.
Why bring a cancer compensation claim for negligent care?
A patient, not happy about their care, may understandably wish to bring a medical negligence claim for compensation. They may also want to try and prevent mistakes happening to other cancer patients in the future.
There can be many good reasons for asking Medical Lawyers whether you should bring a claim for cancer compensation. You, or a loved one, may feel that:
- a GP or a hospital doctor did not take symptoms seriously.
- Test results were misinterpreted.
- Appointments for investigations were late or kept being cancelled and rearranged.
- Late diagnosis meant that more extensive surgery was needed.
- Late diagnosis allowed cancer to spread.
- Late diagnosis took away any chance of a cure.
We often take on medical negligence cancer claims for families after they have lost their relative to cancer. We represent the family, including the children of the family, in such circumstances.
Clearly, early diagnosis is essential to the chances of a cure. Misdiagnosis of the type of cancer can lead to undertreatment of cancer or overtreatment of cancer. Early diagnosis can also lessen the financial impact of having to undergo treatment, by reducing recovery time. Delay can have devastating effects not just on the patient, but their loved ones, who may be reliant on them financially, as well as emotionally.
Many cancers respond well to early treatment such as cancer of the colon, breast, lung, prostate, cervical, vulval, testicle, kidney and non-small cell cancers. Unfortunately, other cancers have a poor chance of recovery regardless of when the cancer is detected. These types of cancers include small cell lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and ovarian cancer (unless there is early detection before the ovarian cancer has spread elsewhere).
There are some links below to pages about the more common types of cancer involving the bowel, breast and cervix.
- Click here for Bowel Cancer
- Click here for Breast Cancer
- Click here for Cancer of the Cervix
- Click here for Prostate Cancer
- Click here for Vulva Cancer
The following is a summary of monies recovered in just one of the many successful cancer compensation claims we have conducted for our clients.
Our Director, Caroline Moore, recovered £1.5 million in a medical negligence claim for a former clinical psychologist. This lady was unable to work ever again, following misdiagnosis of spread to the lung of a granulosa cancer of the ovary. She was wrongly told that the cancer in the lung was small cell cancer. She was wrongly told that the lung cancer was unrelated to the cancer of the ovary. As a result of the misdiagnosis of cancer, she was subjected to unnecessary treatment. This included the most aggressive cancer treatments, radiotherapy to her brain and bone marrow transplantation which involved two months having to be spent in an isolation room.
Our Lawyers at Medical Solicitors help people with Cancer claims who have suffered from delayed diagnosis of cancer and poor treatment of cancer due to Medical Negligence.
Our specialist solicitors have handled many different types of cancer medical negligence claims. We have recovered very large sums in compensation for a lot of injured patients.
Do contact our friendly team of specialist lawyers at Medical Solicitors about whether your cancer treatment was reasonable or not. We can advise whatever type of cancer it may be. Our friendly team of specialist solicitors will speak to you free to charge to assess your case.
We conduct most of our Clinical and Medical Negligence claims under ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreements, also known as Conditional Fee Agreements. So, our clients do not have to worry about how they can going to afford cancer claims. You have nothing to lose in speaking to us.
What can Medical Solicitors do for you in a cancer compensation claim?
Follow our links below to quickly access our information pages about how we can help with a complaint about care, Inquests into a death, funding a medical negligence claim relating to cancer, and more:
- defining your needs after poor medical care
- complaining about care
- funding a medical negligence claim
- Conditional fee agreements
- Time limits
- How are claims settled?
Some Cancer Support Groups and Charities
- Breast Cancer Now
Breast Cancer Now is the UK’s largest breast cancer charity, created by the merger of Breast Cancer Campaign and Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
- Breast Cancer local support groups- Breast Cancer Care – for free talks, courses or monthly meet-ups. You can hear from experts and have the chance to ask your questions and meet other people who are facing what you are too.
- Lung Cancer -Lungcancer.org is a service of CancerCare®, a non-profit organization providing free, professional support—including counseling, support groups, financial assistance, educational workshops and publications—to anyone coping with lung cancer.
- Pancreatic Cancer – Pancreatic Cancer Uk has a support line, as well as a patients forum and a wealth of information for you at their fingertips.
- All types of cancer- MacMillan support for questions and to find a local support group:
Contact our Cancer Medical & Clinical Negligence Claims Solicitors
We provide urgent legal advice and support for patients anywhere in England & Wales. We have doctors and barristers located all over the UK, who provide us with meeting facilities, in London, Birmingham, Sheffield, Yorkshire, Oxford, Manchester, Leeds, Hull, Liverpool, Newcastle and beyond. Our team will travel to see clients. We think it best to see our clients in the comfort of their own home over a cup of tea. You are not a number to us. Call or email our friendly team free of charge for specialist legal advice on a no win no fee basis today.
<< Back to different types of Medical Claims