Conditional Fee Agreements, No Win, No Fee Expert Medical Negligence Solicitors
“In a Nutshell”– How Conditional Fee Agreements work at our firm:
Conditional Fee Agreements “in a Nutshell”
If a case loses:
- Our firm will write off all time spent on your case and will not charge a fee.
- If a barrister (“Counsel”) has acted on a no-win no-fee basis, then the barrister will write off all time spent on your case and will not charge a fee. Otherwise, the barrister’s fees will be paid by the ATE insurers.
- The ATE insurer will repay any case expenses, for example, cost of obtaining copy medical records, expert reports, etc.
- The ATE insurer will also write off the premium for the insurance policy.
- If you have a loan to pay case expenses, through specialist case funder Affiniti, they will write off interest on the loan. The actual loan itself will be repaid by the ATE insurers, as per para 3 above.
Result: you have nothing to pay.
If a case wins:
- The Compensation Recovery Unit (part of the Department of Work and Pensions) will be reimbursed for benefits you received because of your injury. This repayment is made by the Defendant before compensation is paid.
- The balance of your compensation is then paid into our firm’s client account.
- The Defendant will pay most of your legal costs provided you have acted reasonably in the case.
- Most of any interest and charges on a loan to fund case expenses will hopefully be paid by the Defendant but if not, even though you will have entered into the loan, please rest assured that our firm will exercise its discretion to absorb such sums within the amounts recovered from the Defendant for our work done.
- Deductions from your compensation will be for:
- Part of the ATE insurance premium. The Defendant pays most of it. The ATE insurer we work with charges low premiums to our clients (far lower than many other providers).
- Our firm’s success fee. Also, barrister’s success fee (if they have acted on a no win, no fee basis). Success fees cannot exceed 25% of your compensation (the value of your injury and past financial losses). No deductions can be made from compensation for your future
- A case expense, or part of a case expense, that cannot be recovered from the Defendant, for example, the cost of a medical report that was not helpful.
- There may be circumstances in which a court orders you to pay some of the Defendant’s costs for a particular issue or based on unreasonable conduct.
Result: you pay nothing until after you have received compensation.
Result: you pay nothing until after you have received your compensation! You do not have to worry about legal costs with Conditional Fee Agreements offer by Medical Solicitors.
Our friendly team of specialist lawyers at Medical Solicitors help adults and children who have suffered from negligent medical treatment. Compensation can be claimed where there has been any care that has fallen below a reasonable standard, so is considered to amount to Medical Negligence.
Do contact our friendly team of specialist lawyers at Medical Solicitors. We conduct most of our Clinical and Medical Negligence claims under ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreements, also known as Conditional Fee Agreements, as outlined above. So, you do not have to worry about how you are going to afford to bring a claim. You have nothing to lose in speaking to us.
Follow our links below to quickly access our information pages about how we can help with a complaint about care, Inquests and more:
Follow our links below to quickly access our information pages about how we can help with: a complaint about care, funding a medical negligence claim and more:
- defining your needs after poor medical care
- complaining about care
- funding a medical negligence claim
- Conditional fee agreements
- Time limits
- How are claims settled?
<< If you wish to read about some of the different types Medical Claims click here
Contact our Expert Medical & Clinical Negligence Lawyers
We provide urgent legal advice and support for patients anywhere in England & Wales. We have doctors and barristers located all over the UK, who provide us with meeting facilities, in London, Birmingham, Sheffield, Yorkshire, Oxford, Manchester, Leeds, Hull, Liverpool, Newcastle and beyond. Our team will travel to see clients. We think it best to see our clients in the comfort of their own home over a cup of tea. You are not a number to us. Call or email our friendly team free of charge for specialist legal advice on a no win no fee basis today.
<< Your Case